The Mind-Body Fertility Group is an excellent programme that can compliment ongoing fertility treatment. It can also be helpful when trying to conceive naturally. The Mind-Body Fertility group is a specialized group aimed at women facing the challenges and emotional side effects of infertility.
There has been research done on the effectiveness of integrating a Mind-Body Fertility group as part of a fertility treatment plan. The research demonstrates positive finding. Studies have shown that participating in a Mind-Body Fertility Group during IVF more than doubles the success rates from 20% to 52% for those women who have participated. In the group, we learn the ins and outs of the mind-body connection and how this is even possible. The relationship between the mind and body is very powerful.
The Benefits of a Mind-Body Fertility Group include:
- Decreases rates of depression and anxiety.
- Increases a sense of control in your life. We learn about controlling the things we can control and letting go of the rest.
- Develops skills for dealing with other people and how to handle trigger situations.
- Helps you understand the Mind-Body connection and use it to support and enhance your fertility.
- Assists you in learning about the stress response and its impact on the body.
- Aids you to learn how to elicit the relaxation response in order to calm the mind and the body.
- Reduces feelings of isolation, anxiety, guilt and anger through connecting and sharing with others who are on a similar journey.
- Cultivates compassion and self-esteem.
- Reduces the power of overwhelming negative thinking that can be common when coping with infertility.
The 6 week Mind-Body Fertility Group will help alter the way you respond to stress as you journey through trying to conceive. In the group, We learn and practice mindfulness based stress reduction techniques along with cognitive behavioral tools.
You will get to meet other women who are on a similar journey, and through mutual sharing, you will experience not feeling alone. 1 in 6 couples face infertility and many of those couples will eventually go on to get pregnant.