Saying a daily affirmation to yourself, is a stepping stone to changing your reality. Telling yourself something positive or affirming what it is that you want, can actually put things into motion.
Our thoughts become energy and where energy goes, energy flows. It’s as simple as that. If we can create a one sentence positive affirmation about our experience, we can shift the way we feel. The mind body relationship is so powerful that once we say the affirmation regularly our subconscious begins to believe it to be true.
When I started using affirmations in the beginning, I didn’t always believe what I was saying but overtime it has just become my reality. Looking in the mirror every day and telling yourself that you are smart, beautiful and accepting of this life — is just about as fertile as you can get. You have nothing to lose and only a more positive outlook to gain.
5 Tips to Creating a Fertility Affirmation
- Affirm in the present. All we have is right now and that is how your subconscious likes to work anyhow. Using I am …. is coming from the presence as opposed to I will.
- Be precise. What is it that you want? Be that. I am ….! Embody it and feel it . Your subconscious mind actually does not know the difference. You are already starting to integrate it.
- Affirmations are for you only. You cannot make them about other people. It is your only mind and body that hears them.
- Stay away from negative words such as “avoid, lose, want, will…”Be kind to yourself and make it positive.
- Look in the mirror and say it everyday.
Amira Posner is the founder of Healing Infertility. Amira provides individual and couple counseling for those dealing with infertility. Amira also offers mind/body fertility support in Toronto, Ontario.